We are currently advertising the below vacancy for volunteer co-ordinator(s) of Camden Friends of the Earth. Please get in touch if you’re interested, or come along to our next monthly meeting (Thursday 4 April).
Do you live in the borough of Camden? Are you passionate about environmental issues and do you like to work closely with a team of like-minded people? Are you looking for a challenging, interesting and fun voluntary role and do you have some spare time each week? Then you’re just what we’re looking for!
Who are we looking for?
To support our activity we are looking for a co-ordinator (or two joint co-ordinators) to keep our group and our campaigns running smoothly. We have a treasurer, outreach and local groups liaison officer, communications and social media officer, and a creative consultant but we need a Co-ordinator to help keep us on track with our regular meetings and annual goals. You would also receive ongoing advice, training and support from a member of staff at national Friends of the Earth. Please note that you will need to live in or near the borough of Camden.
- Organising and attending monthly meetings
- Promoting communication and planning, and helping to create a group environment that is inclusive and rewarding.
- Welcoming new members to the group and making sure the group’s interests are reflected in campaigning activities
- Keeping the group updated with key activities and actions.
- Acting as a contact for the group with Friends of the Earth HQ.
- Ensuring the group has goals and stays focused on them.
- Supporting other members of the group in their roles.
- Assisting the group in developing campaigns – both national and local.
Key skills or requirements:
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Good at delegating
- Friendly, open and approachable
- Good at communicating (phone, in person, by letter or email)
- IT literate to a basic level – using internet, email, word processing
- Supportive of the Friends of the Earth agenda, and generally aware and concerned about environmental issues
- An ability to dedicate time on some evenings and weekends
It is an unpaid post, but agreed expenses relating to work for the group will be refunded.
If you’re interested in applying, please email email@example.com and come along to our next monthly meeting (details on the contact us page).